Thursday, July 15, 2010

To God be the glory, great things He has done!

Good Morning Everyone,

We are on Friday while your still on Thursday! Our Friday will last 32 hours! WOW!

We are getting ready to leave our apartment for home, the great U.S. of A! Praise God, from whom all blessings flow. He is, was and will be Lord of this trip and our lives! I have seen Him go before and make this "experience" a magnificent one! When I stop and think about how many times, so many things could have gone differently, I stop and thank God for answering my prayer of going before us on this journey! I have seen His hand everywhere. Psalm 5 says:
"Give ear to my words, O LORD,

consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.
 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.
You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
hthe LORD abhors.
But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.
Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make straight your way before me.
Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with destruction.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongue they speak deceit.
Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield."

He has done just that! I have at times been under sever spritual attacks, but have cried out to our God who saves, and He has protected me! I am so proud to be a man of God. He is the Rock on whom we can trust.

Well, I wanted to remind you as scripture says to. To remember the things the Lord has done, this is nothing short of a miracle, this whole trip, month, adoption, etc. If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior, it's time you do. For those that know Him, and are on shaky ground, CRY OUT TO THE LORD, He loves you and wants to be there for you to see you through anything. He is ALIVE, ACTIVE, and most of LOVING!

Just as 1 Corinthians 16:13 says "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." That applies to all who believe!  Come on now, fight the good fight with me, and as my favorite new saying says " Be Holy like Jesus, by the power of the Spirit, for the glory of God!"

I love you all with a Christ like love, we will see you soon Lord willing!

Toby and Toby Jr.

8 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers. We are finally starting our journey to bring home two Russian beauties. I'm sure you will be busy but I would love for you to follow our journey with prayer and encouragment.
    Ann
    www.TwoLivesOneJourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home! Praying all goes well and can't wait to see photos of your WHOLE family together. Go God! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe flights to you two. So glad another family is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Toby and family! are you home already? Can't wait to see those pictures of the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where have you gone to. Want to hear how things are going. Miss your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your blog and I am in hopes all is well, hoping to hear how things are going since coming home.

    May God bless your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Toby! Hope all is well at home. But you have to give us some "closure" here and post some pics of TJ at home with his mama and sisters, ok? :-)

    We're moving right along and hope to be at (9) in December!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so nice meeting your family.♥ Hope all is well and can't wait to see more updates from you in the future!

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yRN0t8fnxHo/TLLbUN-fxHI/AAAAAAAABy0/s5ioeZTFocw/s1600/Toby+McDonald.jpg

    ReplyDelete