Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our SDA appt.

Well, I slept through the entire day yesterday and was up at about 5am this morning waiting for our SDA appt. We were picked up at 8am by Nickolai and picked up another family as well. Then, we go to meet Serge. He told us we would go first and 2 minutes later, the appt. was complete! I couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. We got a picture of him when he was younger, but Toby and I both do not think it is even him. Serge said, "This is him." Toby said, "Is it?" And Serge replied, "Of course it is!"
The bad news is that we will not get our referral until tomorrow around 4 or 5 and since it is the weekend, we will not be able to meet our little man until MONDAY:( I am so bummed!! I just hope these next few days FLY by!!
The good news is that we met some more RR couples that we will be able to hang out with while we wait.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a swift, easy SDA appt! I guess you guys were meant to REALLY experience ALL of Kiev while you're there! :) Did you take the tour with Olena yet? That would "kill" some time and it was a lot of fun too! Who else have you met in Kiev? The Urbans? I can't respond to e-mail for some reason so if you send me one I won't be able to reply. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same situation with our SDA appointment falling on a Thursday...we spent the weekend in Kiev and left Sunday night on the overnight train to Zap. I know it is hard!! The good news is that there is so much to do in Kiev! And do it now...next time you are there, you won't be doing any sightseeing :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call us tomorrow if you can! We'd love to spend more time together! We meet Joseph in the a.m. but should be free for lunch maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, Sofia and I will be taking the train back to Kiev tomorrow night so we will in there on Saturday morning, we'll love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is pretty special that you got a baby picture. Hope the weekend flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete